So we proposed we spray paint them black, and those new to the idea of do-it-herself were horrified. You know, we might ruin church property or something. But we persevered and the final result looks fabulous.This is the before view; we were getting ready to begin renovations the next day. Two brass chandeliers are barely visible in the top right corner.
Day 1: The property manager borrowed a lift to take the chandeliers down from the ceiling. I washed them all and removed about 12,000 dead lady bugs. Ick! Then I covered the light sockets with aluminum foil and hung them outside.
It was 90-plus degrees outside that day and the humidity was close to that. All my helpers had backed out at the last minute so I went at it alone. After I had primed three chandeliers it started to rain, so I finally had to quit.
Day 2: I rounded up a couple of helpers. Here they are putting on the final primer coat. After the primer, we went at them with Krylon Black Satin paint. It took two of us to check and recheck for missed spots. Chandeliers can be complicated to paint!
All eight are back up (only four are visible). They beautifully show in silhouette against the new gray paint of the walls. All the renovations are complete here too: new platform and carpet; new pillars and trim around windows; new wall paint.
My heartfelt thanks to friends Mary Jo and Kathy for your painting help, and thanks to Dennis for playing electrician/lift operator/engineer!
I’m linking to Met Monday over at BNOTP.