I really should be decorating for Christmas. But daughter, son-in-law, and grandson are moving in with us next week. We need to make room for them. So we:
1. Floored the attic for storage.
2. Are constantly working on cleaning out drawers, closets, and cupboards while we set aside all the riffraff for a future garage sale.
3. Turned the studio into the master bedroom (all 7’x8′ of it!). Our closet consists of two shelf brackets to support about eight hangers each, just visible to the left in the photo. Our dresser is a stretch of open shelf just above the hangers. For a night stand we use a stack of plastic boxes filled with back stock of toiletries. We share the space with crafts and sewing supplies on the upper shelves.
4. Added most of the family room furniture to the living room.5. Turned the family room into the dining room. The cabinet on the left in the photo is going to the garage sale pile, and everything on top of it and on the dining table still needs to find homes.6. Turned the dining room into the computer room. Two more desks and computers will be arriving with the young family so this room will be very full. We moved our CD player/radio into this room, and discovered that all our CD’s fit in the top drawer of the dresser on the far left. That’s the type of organization I like! 7. Emptied the master bedroom and bath for the young family to use.
8. Continue to pack boxes for the attic with things we don’t really need to use right now.