I finished laying the flooring in our attic! This is a project that has been sitting on my “To Do” list for three and a half years, since the spring of 2005, when we laid the floor in the other half of the attic. Last week I suddenly decided to get it done. Even though I had a cold, I went to six
different Home Depots to find the flooring I wanted: 3/4″ tongue and groove plywood in 2’x4′ sheets. When I couldn’t find it anywhere, I bought (4) 4’x8′ sheets and had them cut it up for me. After loading it in my car by myself, I carted it all home and pieced them back together on the garage floor, so the cuts would match up.
One by one I carried them up the ladder, wiggled them into place, and hammered in a bunch of nails. I sure bent a lot of the nails; so many, in fact, that I had to go buy more. While I was at it I bought a fifth sheet of plywood and had it cut. Finally I had enough flooring to completely cover every bit possible. I did it all myself except at the very end when The Professor trimmed the tongue off the last few sheets to make them fit. He also hammered in the last 4 or 6 nails for me because my arms were so tired.
Just think of all the stuff that can be stored in our attic now!