Yay! The digital camera finally came home from two weeks at summer camp with its owner. Now I can post what I accomplished while they were gone. Once again, I did my favorite thing ~ I found a cotton sheet at the thrift. This one appears to be from the 50’s or 60’s (because the label looks like the kind that were on our sheets when I was a very little girl). It is very heavy white cotton, twin size, and I made:
1) Jammie pants! I trimmed the hems with some loopy lace trim intended for sheets. I purchased it years ago at a Springs Mills outlet store.
2) A sundress! This is Simplicity 4220, view B. It looks rather ugly on the pattern envelope, but I like how it turned out. I had to take the sides in quite a bit, and I left off the ties. I think they look too juvenile on me. Also a close up of the bodice. The lace trim (at the hem too) is from my stash.
3) A skirt! Actually, only the inset godets came from the sheet. The vertical panels with cutwork embroidery are from three thrifted valences. I was able to cut two vertical panels from each valence, which gave me six panels. The skirt needed eight panels, so I cheated and used non-embroidered areas of the valence to make the final two panels. I hid those at the side back. The skirt isn’t hemmed yet, but daylight was quickly fading and I wanted to get the photos tonight.
I was surprised at how much I got from one sheet.